Online activities: The students may use the sites below for extra practice in phonic, reading, math, and a variety of skills.
Outside activities: Children should have fun playing outside, riding bikes, running, jumping, swinging, or gardening. Play activities will help to strengthen the large muscles, and provide a chance for fresh air.
Check out the websites below for more activities and learning!
Kangaroo classroom educational design
- The classroom design to give the students opportunities to participate in activities that will help and challenge them to be successful; at their level.
- The students will have opportunities to work individually as well as with others.
- The students will be taught and inspired through creativity.
- Students will be encouraged to be self-reliant, to think, speak, and write with clarity and precision, and independence.
- Students will get to challenge themselves and strive to be the best that they can be in all things whether big or small.
- The children will be introduced to a personal and loving, ‘Creator-God’, who loves and cares for them.
Classroom set up
The classroom set up is clean and simple and allows for moral development and growth of the students.
Classroom Centers and special areas
In a kindergarten classroom, certain things should be available to make the room a comfortable and nurturing learning environment.
Below, is just a small list of what is in this kindergarten classroom.
Bible, Math and block, Reading, Writing, Science and Sensory, Art, Home Center, Technology
A portfolio in the form of a scrapbook will be supplied for each student; their work and artifacts will be placed in the portfolio and used to assess the student’s developmental skills.
Parents and administrators will be able to use the portfolio to view the students' progress.
-Love language assessment
- Sight words in literacy and math, and homework
The behavior guidance that is used in my class, is to help support the growth of the students as they work through developmental issues.
Strategies are used to preserve the dignity of the students; while, encouraging responsible behavior.
Class rules are made to keep the students safe, to be courteous, and to promote fairness.
Here are some behavior practices that will be used in the kindergarten class:
1. Hand signals or gestures
2. Transition signals
3. Behavior guidance (‘GREEN, YELLOW, RED’ behavior chart)
4. CLASS DOJO
5. Prayer Corner/Cozy Corner
6. Parent-Teacher Conference